|Simple present||S + am, is, are + V3|
|Present continuous||S + am, is, are + being + V3|
|Present perfect||S + has, have + been + V3|
|Present perfect continuous||S + has, have + been + V3|
|Simple past||S + was, were + V3|
|Past continuous||S + was, were + being + V3|
|Past perfect||S + had + been + V3|
|Past perfect continuous||S + had + been + V3|
|Simple future||S + will + be + V3|
|Future continuous||S + will + be + V3|
|Future perfect||S + will + have + been + V3|
|Future perfect continuous||S + will + have + been + V3|
|Past future||S + would + be + V3|
|Past future continuous||S + would + be + V3|
|Past future perfect||S + would + have + been + V3|
|Past future perfect continuous||S + would + have + been + V3|
- Being hanya terdapat pada tenses present continuous dan past continuous. Tenses continuous yang lain tidak menggunakan being dalam polanya.
- Kalimat yang dapat dipasifkan hanyalah kalimat yang memiliki objek (transitif).
He left his family: bisa dipasifkan karena berobjek (his family)
He left this morning: tidak bisa dipasifkan karena tidak berobjek (this morning adalah adverb)
- Objek di kalimat aktif (active voice) menjadi subjek di kalimat pasif (passive voice).
AV: Robert is washing the car in the backyard.
PV: The car is being washed by Robert in the backyard.
- Subjek kalimat pasif tersebut menentukan jenis verb yang digunakan, apakah tunggal atau jamak.
AV: Robert is washing the cars in the backyard.
PV: The cars are being washed by Robert in the backyard.
- By + agent (pelaku) tidak selalu muncul dalam passive voice, utamanya jika pelaku tidak jelas, tidak penting (untuk disebutkan), atau telah dikenal luas.
AV: Someone took my book yesterday.
PV: My book was taken (by someone: dihilangkan) yesterday.
- Jack has mailed the letters. (present perfect)
The letters have been mailed by Jack.
- Mr Brown will plan the meeting. (simple future)
The meeting will be planned by Mr Brown.
- That company hires many programmers. (simple present)
Many programmers are hired by the company.
- The students were singing a traditional song. (past continuous)
A traditional song was being sung by the students.
- Dinosaurs existed millions of years ago. (simple past)
– (tidak bisa, karena tidak berobjek)